As certified appraisers, our role is to appraise property used as collateral, estimate the value of the collateral, and provide advice to financial institutions.
Collateral appraisals are based on
- Property location
- Structural quality
- Revenue security (tenant quality)
De Rico Hurtubise & Associés analyzes the potential of property being repossessed, taking into consideration the following aspects:
- Whether the property is occupied or not and its rental potential
- What its anticipated income and operating expenses would be
- How long it would take to lease vacant premises
- Supply and demand in the specific sector
- Investments needed to improve the property
- Recommendations for marketing the property
In estimating a property’s liquidation value, our firm studies buyer behavior more closely than seller behavior, in order to ensure that the best deal possible can be made.